- graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cornstarch to thicken (about 1 tbsp)
- pinch salt
- 2 tubs (16 oz) Tofutti “Cream Cheeze”
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs’ worth of egg substitute (Ener-G brand powdered egg substitute)
- 4 heaping Tbs flour (whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine ingredients in blender. Blend till mixed. Pour into graham cracker crust and smooth it out. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool at room temperature up to 2 hours. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Put the cherry topping ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, let it cool, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours, stirring once or twice, until the mixture is thickened.
After chilling, top the cheesecake with the cherry mixture and then serve, or keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
Makes: 8 servings
(I actually baked this one at 350 for 30 min a convection toaster oven with no pre-heating and it came out a little soggy in the very center, so I recommend sticking to the actual directions.)