by elana’s pantry.
Can’t find the original site where I found this recipe. Oops. Anyway, these aren’t the kind with the hard shell and gooey inside, but they’re still darn tasty.
Chocolate Truffles (makes approx. 12 one-inch-wide truffles)
- 1/2 cup “butter” (Earth Balance spread is awesome)
- 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (you can probably get away with less, but definitely don’t use granulated sugar)
With a bit of:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla OR balsamic vinegar (for flavoring, probably optional)
- cinnamon for rolling (optional) OR
- sesame seeds for rolling (optional) OR
- shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
In a not-too-large bowl, cream the butter. Slowly mix in cocoa, then vanilla. Slowly mix in sugar. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mix and roll into balls. Roll in cocoa or cinnamon or whatever, if you want. I put mine in the fridge and they got nice and firm.